“I’ve always adored the Cosmos Club for formal Washington, DC weddings. It’s a stunning ballroom with a distinct European feel. It’s as if you’ve stepped into a ballroom in Paris,” said photographer, Jennifer Domenick, with Love Life Images.
For Alexis and Harrison, the Cosmos Club did just that. This stunning venue provided the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening. It was the ideal location for their simple and intimate ceremony followed by a beautiful reception. The reception lavished in golds and glitter, creating a boutique environment for all those in attendance. Surrounded by loved ones and with the help of an amazing vendor team, Alexis and Harrison were overwhelmed with joy throughout their big day.
all thanks to:
Bride + Groom: Alexis and Harrison – March 22, 2014
From grooms to groomsmen and everyone in between, Alton Lane can receive the highest quality custom suiting for a fraction of the cost. Customizing every detail imaginable from adding monograms with wedding dates to having button threads, piping and lining in coordinating colors.
Alton Lane showrooms offer a one-of-a-kind experience through a relaxed and comfortable environment. Step into the 3D body scanner for a precise measurement while the on hand style expert fixes you a drink and puts on your favorite show or sporting event.
By Alton Lane redefining the wedding suit buying experience by allowing the groom to have a say in his big day, grooms all over are starting to look truly priceless.
Our favorite wedding moments, are those captured when no one is expecting it. The unforgettable pictures are the ones that unforgettable moments created. Today we bring you some of our favorite snapshots of when a photographer caught a moment in lens that will now last a lifetime. Photographers have a large responsibility on a wedding day. We recommend hiring a second photographer or making sure yours brings along an assistant, so that the “must-haves” will be caught on film and all the little moments in between. If you’re really up for some spontaneous shots, enlist the little ones for photography duty, and provide them with disposable cameras!
It’s important to remember you weren’t the first woman in your mans life. Embrace the idea of gaining a mother-in-law and use the planning process as a way to strengthen your relationship, without letting it stress you out!
1. Use Your Time Wisely; There are so many wedding activities that take place throughout the planning period. From bridal fittings, to tastings, to showers and celebrations, there are many opportunities for you to invite your future mother-in-law along for the excitement! Include her in as many decisions as you are willing, without letting it stress you out. Remember, this is the perfect opportunity to get to know her better, but don’t make it your number one priority to appease his mom!
2. Give Her Responsibilities; Everyone likes to feel as though they are needed. Delegate her “wedding responsibilities” so that she feels important enough for you to entrust her with wedding duties. A great area for her to oversee is the out of town guests. Make her the point of contact for traveling friends and family. She can make hotel arrangements, coordinate room blocks and answer any questions guests may have about traveling for your big day.
3. Plan the Rehearsal Dinner Together; Traditionally, it is the grooms side of the family that is responsible for planning and paying for the rehearsal dinner. Think of it as a fun and creative bonding experience for you and your future mother-in-law. Plan coffee dates to discuss details or have girls night to taste menu items and select wine!
4. Be Inspired by Her Talents + Interests; We all have our hidden talents, so take the opportunity to get to learn some of hers. Maybe she’s good at creating flower arrangements or paper and signage is her forte. Either way, take her on your floral meetings or have her tag along to your invitation design sessions. Who knows, you may learn a thing or two!
5. Give Her a Meaningful “Thank You” Gift; Let’s face it, that good-looking, successful man wouldn’t be here without her. Be sure to give her a special “thank you” present on the day of the wedding letting her know you appreciate all of her help and for simply raising the man of your dreams!
In same-sex weddings, question may arise as to how the couple should enter their ceremony. The exciting thing is, it’s your big day and there are no rules on the “proper” way to walk down the aisle. Even though there will always be some sort of slated “traditional way,” that doesn’t mean it is for you. Today, we have a few ideas to help you decide the best way for you and your significant other to approach the processional.
You can walk to the place of marriage at the same time coming from different directions
You can walk down the same aisle individually
You can walk down the same aisle holding hands
You can process in individually behind your wedding party