Picking your venue is one of the first steps in the planning process and to some, may be an obvious choice, but to others it can come as a frustrating and stressful decision. We hope some of our picking your wedding venue tips will help the endeavor run a little smoother!
- Choose your Geographical Location First: You know your guests best – it is important to decide as a couple a location that is special to your relationship while considering your guests travel requirements and overall experience.
- Consider the Style of Your Wedding: Are you going for rustic chic or do you love the idea of having a Cinderella ballroom wedding? Either way, by determining your style and important list of musts, it will help you narrow down your choices.
- Guest Count: This may not be an obvious factor, but is extremely important when selecting your venue. If you plan to have a seated dinner for 300 people, you need to be sure to choose a venue that can comfortably hold that many people.
- One-stop shop? Of course, budget is to be considered when planning a wedding. Be sure to learn all of the additional necessities that come along with hosting your event at a certain location. For example, if an outdoor venue does not have existing lighting, that is an extra required expense.
- Consider the Weather: Unfortunately, the weather is one of the few aspects we do not have control over on the big day. If your hope is to have an outdoor ceremony, know that a rain plan is a must, also adding an extra expense onto the big day.
Venue: Potomac View Terrace