April 20, 2015
March 24, 2015
One wedding day decision that is sure to be delicious and sweet is picking out your cake flavor. With all of the bright flavors of spring, your taste buds are certain to be left successfully satisfied!
Nothing says spring like fresh berries – From icing, to cake, to filling, it’s bound to be berry-licious! Try a vanilla almond cake with fresh raspberry jam filling.
Stay Fresh – If you tend to be more traditional, liven up the flavor by pairing a richer cake with a lighter, spring time icing or filling. We love banana walnut cake with cream cheese icing.
Go tropical – Take your guest to warmer weather by choosing a flavor that will remind them of an island getaway. A coconut cake with lemon cream incorporates a citrus flavor that is perfect for spring!
October 3, 2014
Tis’ the season for delicious, warm, fresh, homemade, sweet, old, crusty, baked, explosive, sugary, flaky, rich, homey, easy…PIE! Don’t you agree? We are totally crushing on the pie bar this season. Pies can go a long way and a totally different dessert option. Switch it up and include pie pops, pie bar, personal pies + pie bites in your signature pie bar. Don’t forget to get creative with your pie display, it will allow for your dessert station to be a focal point and the creativity is endless.
Happy Inspiration Friday!
August 5, 2014
Many would argue that the cuisine served at your wedding will make or break the party. It is imperative you schedule a tasting with your caterer to ask questions, taste the food and decide what you will serve throughout the evening. Be sure to incorporate your personal styles and favorites into your menu so that your guests get a taste of your personalities. Today we bring you a list of important discussion topics and questions that you should have all the answers to before leaving your tasting with your tummies full!
1. Will the food be presented the same way at the wedding as it was during the tasting?
2. Is there a balance of menu selections? Do you seem to have too much protein, too much asian inspired, or too many seafood options?
3. If the dinner is plated, how long will dinner service last? If a buffet style is selected, how long will the buffet stay open?
4. Are all of the menu selections in season?
5. Can you accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions? (Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, etc). Be sure to decide on specialty meals for these guests.
6. Will you have a champagne toast? If so, will the champagne be pre-set at the table?
7. Confirm which dinner wines pair nicely with your menu.
8. Discuss flow of event. If a flip is required during cocktails, where will guest be directed? How long does the caterer need to ensure set up is complete?
9. Do you provide wedding cakes? If so, is this included in the per-person meal price or is it extra? If we decide to use an outside cake-designer, do you charge a cake cutting fee?
10. Do you handle all rental equipment; such as, linens, glassware, china, flatware, etc?
July 30, 2014
“I’ve always adored the Cosmos Club for formal Washington, DC weddings. It’s a stunning ballroom with a distinct European feel. It’s as if you’ve stepped into a ballroom in Paris,” said photographer, Jennifer Domenick, with Love Life Images.
For Alexis and Harrison, the Cosmos Club did just that. This stunning venue provided the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening. It was the ideal location for their simple and intimate ceremony followed by a beautiful reception. The reception lavished in golds and glitter, creating a boutique environment for all those in attendance. Surrounded by loved ones and with the help of an amazing vendor team, Alexis and Harrison were overwhelmed with joy throughout their big day.
all thanks to:
Bride + Groom: Alexis and Harrison – March 22, 2014
Photography: Jennifer Domenick – Love Life Images | Bridal Shop: Hitched Salon | Venue + Catering: Cosmos Club | Floral: Amaryllis | Event Coordinator: Claire Matthews – SoCo Events |Band: Black Tie Band | Ceremony Music: Bialek’s Music | Hair: Peggy – Karma Beauty Lounge by Erwin Gomez | Makeup: Erwin Gomez – Lounge by Erwin Gomez | Cake: Maggie Austin Cake |Invitations: William Arthur by Crane – Creative Parties |
Rebranded © 2014 District Weddings, All rights reserved.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by District Weddings/Jeannette Tavares.
Site Photography for Rebrand by Abby Jiu Photography