Many would argue that the cuisine served at your wedding will make or break the party. It is imperative you schedule a tasting with your caterer to ask questions, taste the food and decide what you will serve throughout the evening. Be sure to incorporate your personal styles and favorites into your menu so that your guests get a taste of your personalities. Today we bring you a list of important discussion topics and questions that you should have all the answers to before leaving your tasting with your tummies full!
1. Will the food be presented the same way at the wedding as it was during the tasting?
2. Is there a balance of menu selections? Do you seem to have too much protein, too much asian inspired, or too many seafood options?
3. If the dinner is plated, how long will dinner service last? If a buffet style is selected, how long will the buffet stay open?
4. Are all of the menu selections in season?
5. Can you accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions? (Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, etc). Be sure to decide on specialty meals for these guests.
6. Will you have a champagne toast? If so, will the champagne be pre-set at the table?
7. Confirm which dinner wines pair nicely with your menu.
8. Discuss flow of event. If a flip is required during cocktails, where will guest be directed? How long does the caterer need to ensure set up is complete?
9. Do you provide wedding cakes? If so, is this included in the per-person meal price or is it extra? If we decide to use an outside cake-designer, do you charge a cake cutting fee?
10. Do you handle all rental equipment; such as, linens, glassware, china, flatware, etc?